Monday, January 20, 2014

Another week in Alcorcon...

Dear Family and Friends,

Another week in Alcorcón. I´m still getting to know the area more and more. My companions and I have bonded a lot over this past week and we are really starting to teach with a lot of unity. It has been really amazing working and meeting with a bunch of new investigators. Our investigator, Peter, has a fecha bautismal for this coming Thursday!! and our other investigator, Ronald, who has a fecha bautismal for the 1 of February, came to church for the first time this Sunday. I am so excited for these people that are progressing in this wonderful Gospel. 
 
Un-expected cool experience: The other day when I was making a bunch of calls to future investigators, I accidently dialed one wrong number for one of our contacts. The man told me I had dialed the wrong number but I started talking to him anyways. He said his name was Christian and he was from Menorca (that´s a long ways away from Alcorcón.) I introduced myself and started talking to him about the church. I was able to bear my testimony of the church, God, and my Saviour, Jesus Christ. After we said bye I sent his number to the missionaries in Menorca. This experience was a huge testimony to me that God is in all things and that if I am doing my part He will use me to accomplish His great work. 
 
Funny(ish) story: I am always in charge of calling the elevator and opening the door. There is usually never someone in the elevator when we are using it. The other day as I opened the elevator door, I was so surprised to see someone in the elevator that I jumped back. Then the lady that was in the elevator said, "Que fea, ¿no?" We all couldn´t stop laughing. 

Funny(ish) thing: My companions call me "The African Whisperer" because I´m really good at teaching/talking to them for some reason.

Today I feel prompted to share a bit of what I wrote in a letter to a good friend of mine. These are three simple things that we teach to our investigators every day. They are the three things that everything else rests upon. Three things that increase our faith, strengthen our testimonies, bring us answers to prayers, and grow our relationship with God and Christ.

1. Pray - Of course. Sounds simple. Well it is. And it works. My mom has a board with the quote, "Prayer changes things." Prayer DOES change things, including us. Including our situations. And as members of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, we are blessed with the beautiful knowledge of how to pray. That we pray to God our Heavenly Father, in the Name of Christ, our mediator. That we can pray anytime and anywhere, about anything. Use this wonderful knowledge and gift of prayer and you will see and feel the differance in your life. 

2. Read - (Study) The scriptures. There is a saying that goes, "If you want to talk with God, pray. If you want him to answer, Read." The scriptures are the word of God, I have gotten some of the most powerful answers to my prayers through the scriptures. The more you read the more you will want to keep reading and you won´t be able to stop. If you have doubts or questions pick up the scriptures and start reading. 

3. Attend Church - CHURCH IS SO IMPORTANT. It´s a place where the spirit dwells in abundance. And most importantly, the time and place we dedicate to God to renew our covenants with him and ponder upon our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through repentance and partaking of the sacrament, we are cleansed from all our sin. But not ony this, from all of our sorrows and pains and heartaches as well. If you struggle with making it to church every Sunday, Study the Atonement, Study Repentance, Study the Sacrament. Then Pray. As a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ, I Promise you that if you do these three things (prayer, study, and church attendance) your life will be changed, and you will never forget to pray, you will never be too busy to read, and you will never want to miss going to church again. 

Os Quiero Mucho,
Hermana Ariana Fuller

Ps. Friday is my 6 months!!!
Baptism

Trash Strike


 Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment