Monday, October 27, 2014

My time Barrio 2 has come to an end



Dear Family and Friends

My time in Barrio 2 has come sadly come to an end. I am currently serving in Alcobendas! Which is really close to the mission home. My new companion is Hermana Shurtz. She just got done being trained and she is a really good friend of my last companion, Hermana Seegmiller. I also get the amazing opportunity to serve with... Hermana Grover!!! She is the sister that I began my mission with in Gijon and now we are able to end the mission together as well. We are pretty excited about that. Tonight we have a Noche de Hogar together. It will be really nice to be serving with more hermanas once again. 

Anyways.. the last week in Barrio 2:
We´ve been working quite a lot with our recent converts and less actives who seem to be doing really well!

Alexia - We were able to see her once this past week. The family situation is a litte hard right now so she still isn´t able to come to church consistently but we went over there and I took her a bunch of clothes I was going to be leaving behind, and she LOVED them. She´s adorable. 

Valentin - Valentin is doing amazing. This week he has started coming with both us and the elders to lessons. He gives the most beautiful testimony at the end and everyone says that they can just hear the spirit when he talks. He´s going to be an incredible missionary someday. 

Bartolome - We had a lesson with Bartolome this week and I finally learned how to make spanish tortilla. So I´ll get to practicing on the so I can make it for you when I get home. He is doing really well and I think having Valentin there with him for a little bit is really going to help him in his progression. 

Estefan - Estefan is a new investigator that we found this week. He plays a little flute outside of a supermarket and we have talke to him a few times. We had a little extra time so we decided to go talk to him and give him a book of mormon. He´s from Hungary and he´s had a pretty hard life. We had the first lesson with him this week and Valentin came with us. It was so cool because you could see a change in him from when we started the lesson and when we finished. I hope that he will start progressing. 

Hans - We were finally able to have a lesson with Hans... a really extremely long lesson with Hans. haha He really likes to talk. But it was so amazing. He seems so prepared to receive the gospel. He loved the first lesson and already has faith in that Joseph Smith was a prophet. He is really excited to read the book of mormon as well. 

Los Wilder - They are doing so awesome. Now Monica and Wilder are being such great missionaries to their son. They don´t push him but they always share their testimonies with him. Wilder also shared the gospel with one of his university friends and passed us her referance. Recent converts are so awesome. 

Silvia and Teresa - We haven´t been able to meet with them for a while but we passed by yesterday to say goodbye and we were able to share a scripture with them. After we shared the scripture we all felt the spirit so strong. We read Alma 17:2-3 and I told them that I hoped that the next time I saw them they would be stronger in their testimonies and in the gospel. 

Fiesta!!! - As you all know, I turned 21 this week. So on saturday at the Noche de Hogar we held a little party and we brought cake and I got sang to in Spanish and Romanian. My companion was also super awesome and made me breakfast and gave me this super cool spidermad mug. Thanks for the cards and gifts family! It was a really beautiful birthday!

That is all for this week but next week I´m sure I´ll have a lot to tell from my new area and new companion. 

Con Mucho Cariño,
hermana Fuller


No comments:

Post a Comment