Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ISABEL IS BAPTIZED

¡Hola!

ISABEL IS BAPTIZED!!!! We couldn´t be happier. It was seriously an amazing experience. She got baptized Saturday evening at 6. I spoke at the baptism. Actually, funny story, 5 minutes before the baptism I realized that I had forgotten my talk that I had spent all of my studies that morning writing. I knew that I had to give this talk and in order to do so I really needed to have the spirit with me. The baptism started, I got up there, and with the help of the spirit, gave the talk. My companion told me that it sounded exactly the same as when I was reading it for her that morning. I also had so many members of the branch come up to me and tell me how much better my spanish has gotten. (Whaooo) We seriously can do all things with the spirit, and all things are possible to us because we are children of God and He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to atone for our sins. Because of the Atonement, we can do anything. 

Working with Isabel truly has been inspiring and blessed my life significantly. Her testimony has grown so strong. She has been really impressed with how close the members of our church are and how everyone supports her and truly cares about her. We really do have a special bond as ward and branch families, and we can be such an influence of good on the lives of people who are struggling with their testimonies or who are not members of the church. Part of the reason Isabel desired to be baptised was because of the unity and love she felt from the branch members. 

One thing that we did this week to work with the members better was making Packets. We made a packet for every family in the branch that contained: Conferance talks by Elder Ballard and Elder Giffor Neilson, Convenio del miembro misionero, Calender for november that has days of branch activities, Pamplets from the first three lessons in preach my gospel, pass a long cards, and a Book of Mormon. We made the goal with the branch to do what Elder Ballard said in his talk and share the gospel with at least one person by Christmas. The members were all very excited about it and I can´t wait to see the miracles that come from it. 

Right now we are really in need of new investigators but we are really struggling to find them. The phrase that we hear the most while contacting is "No creo en nada" or "I don´t believe in anything." It breaks my heart to see so many people with out any faith. However, the phrase that I constantly repeat in my mind while we are contacting is "El mundo necesita el evangelio restaurado de Jesucristo" or "The world needs the restored gospel of Jesus Christ." I learned this phrase from my first companion. The world really does need our message, and especially the people here in Spain. They need faith and hope. They need the word of wisdom and law of chastity. They need the Plan of Salvation and Book of Mormon. They need the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Chirst. They need God. And I am responsible to help them find it. I am humbled by my calling and also motivated to work harder to bring the people of Spain this glorious message. Every morning my companion and I recite Romans 1:16 "Porque, no me avergüenza del evangelio de Cristo, porque es poder de Dios para salvación a todo aquel que cree." I love this scripture and I hope we can all apply it to our lives.  

Os Quiero Muchísimo, 
Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment