Monday, February 17, 2014

Transfers

¡HOLA A TODOS!

Transfers: I´m staying in Alcorcón with Hermana Shaumann!! YAY. But Hermana Volquardsen is leaving us... no more trio. I´m super excited to work some miracles this coming transfer. And now that they have cleaned up about all of the trash,  Alcorcón is a much more pleasant place. 

This week we have had some setbacks and trials in the work but it is teaching me a lot of patience, humility, and hard work. Our investigator Jo was not able to get baptized because of various things, but we are still working with him to get to a point that he can make that step. 

The most amazing experience EVER: We have a chinese investigator.... His name is Chen Jin Yun... And he doesn´t speak more that a lick of Spanish. We had given him and his family a pamphlet and Book of Mormon in Chinese and when we went to visit him the other day he was reading the pamphlet about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had used Google Translate to make a list of questions for him to answer that went something like this:

Do you believe in God?
Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
Do you like the pamphlet and the Book of Mormon we gave you?
Are you interested in learning more?
Do you pray? 
Do you go to church?
Would you like to know what church is true?
Will you read the Book of Mormon?
Could we meet with you again?

(Más o menos) He answered yes to all of the questions. He would read them out loud in Chinese and then start talking to us in Chinese as if we understood him. I have never felt the gift of tongues as strong as I did in this moment. Somehow we were both able to understand each other even though neither of us spoke each other´s language. It was the most amazing lesson I thing I have ever had on my misson. We are going to keep working with him and his family. He has a 19 year old daughter that speaks really good spanish so we are going to be relying on her to be the translator. I can´t wait to see what happens.

More next week. Write me a letter and I´ll write you back :)
  
Un beso,
Hermana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment