Monday, February 24, 2014

7 month mark


Hola :)

How is everyone and everything this week? My companion and I definately started off this first week of the new transfer big, including teaching a total of 37 lessons, receiving 9 new investigators, and contacting 36 people. Every night we have come into the piso completely exhausted, in the best sort of way. I have learning a lot about hardwork. And just as it says in preach my gospel, the secret to missionary work is Work. Every time we one of our lessons fails, we don´t let that get us down. We keep going and use what God has put in our paths. When you work hard everything else falls into place, you are exactly obedient, and you are much happier. All God needs is servants willing to work hard, And if you are willing to work hard He is able to work miracles through you. 

One miracle that my companion and I saw this week had to deal with Unity and the Spirit. One morning as I finished saying the closing prayer to my personal study, I sat there for a mintute and the song "Paz Cálmense" popped into my head. I got up and opened my hymnbook to that song. Turns out my companion was wanting to sing that exact same song and the conferance talk she had read in her studies talked about song. After we began our companionship study we quickly realized that what we both had studied directly corresponded with the other, and that we were both thinking about the same investigator. I had read DyC 18-19 and my companion had read "That we might not Shrink" by Elder Bednard, which focusus on two verses from DyC 19. Then when we were thinking of who could come with us to the lesson we both thought of the same person from the ward, whom I later found out was this persons home teacher. The spirit was so strong in the lesson later that night, and it was exactly what this family needed to hear. It is amazing what you can do when you are united by the spirit in the work of the Lord. 

Funny Story: One day was we were taking out trash this week, we found 4 huge giant bags of clothes and linens that someone had thrown away. And well, being the thrifter that I am, I sort of made me and my companion go through all of bags to see what we could find. I now own a new shirt, cardigan, scarf, blanket, sheet, pillowcase, tablecoth, and sweater, that I found from the Garbage in Spain. We also found a bunch of mens clothes that we are washing and giving to the men in the branch. It was definetly a highlight of the week;) 

I hope you are doing well and are receiving many blessing from the Lord. 
Ps. Today is my 7 Month mark!!!

Os Quiero,
Hermana Ariana Fuller


 Dumpster Diving Finds

No comments:

Post a Comment