Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sick the whole week

Mom :)

This week has been great although I´ve been sick just about this whole week. There is something going around Alcorcón and about half of our investigators are sick as well. But today I´m feeling a long better. Thank you so much for all the vitamins and such, they are really helping a lot. And yea the shoes they fit! and I love the oreos! Birthday cake oreos are the best. 

I´m so happy you are all having such a great time in Utah. I can´t believe all of those pictures you sent me. Everyone looks so old and grown up. I could barely recognize them. Dad is teaching Sunday School! That´s awesome! That is such an important age because they will be preparing to serve missions. 

Okay, As far as things here with me. They´re fantastic!! Every week I am just in awe about how much I feel I have learned and growed. Last night I had the thought that I feel so much like me, it feels great. This week I have started trying to teach myself how to read Chinese... haha now, I don´t know anything, but I have learned how to read a few words. I have no idea how to prounounce them but if we have time today I´m going to try to find some books to help me learn. I have a really cool experience that came as a result of this though. When we passed by to see one of our chinese investigators, Chen, who doesn´t speak much more spanish than "hola", We were showing him the picture in the book of Mormón of Christ visiting the Americas. I felt like I should tell him to read that part in 3 Nephi 11-26. So I opened the book of mormon, and because had been studying in chinese a little bit, I was able to find 3 nephi and mark the chapter for him to read. It was amazing. God really works in mysterious ways. 

What else, JO!!! He is doing Awesome! I think he is the investigator that I´ve seen change the most. He has such a light in his eyes and he always has a smile on his face. All of this is literally from studying the word of God. The other day he told us he was in Moroni and almost finished with the Book of Mormon. Everytime he comes to a lesson he comes with a different book or pamphlet that he has been studying. He has such a strong testimony and He is going to be getting baptised this Saturday if all goes well. I am so happy for him and the change he has made in his life. He is also a great missionary and is always telling us about how he is sharing the gospel with his friends. We are going to work with him to invite them all to his baptism :)

We also are developing a lot of muslim friendships. There is this muslim little girl that comes to English classes everyweek. We ran into her mom in a chino and she told me that she could help me hem a dress that I have, and so we took down her number and everything. Well, the other day we were trying to pass by for another investigator and we rang the wrong doorbell and guess who it was... That muslim family. She invited us in and gave us the most yummy moracan desserts EVER. Then we met her other two daughter, one of them is 3 years old and she has some form of dwarfism. She is teeny-tiny and just beautiful. I felt so close to God when I was there in her home. We occasionally are visting her and we gave them a Book of Mormon in Arabic, we still don´t know what they thought of that but we are hoping for the best. She also told me that she could sew another dress form me so I´m excited about that. We also had another lesson with our other muslim investigator last night and we taught him the plan of salvation.... That was probably the most interesting lesson I´ve ever had, but it was great. He is such a good man and is so willing to learn. What usually happens is we teach him our doctrine, then he will ask questions and then tell us what he believes according to the Muslim faith. It is super interesting and I´ve sure learned A lot. 

Okay other miracles... The spanish lady that stopped at the chapel last week. María Mercedes. She is literally so prepared. Investigator of Gold. What happened is last Monday she stopped by the Chapel and told the members there that she wanted to start studying with the sisters. Then they called us and the next day we had our first lesson with her and taught her the Restoration. She used to be a Jehova´s Witness, then switched to Catholic, and now is investigating our Church. she is reading the Book of Mormon and looking up all the bible referances to compare them. She already has a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and the restaration. She relates to Joseph Smith so much because she has sought for so long to find and know the truth. Last night we went to her house and met her son and so we are hoping to start teaching him as well. 

Other miracle... On Friday I had exchanges in Leganes which was awesome, but while I was gone my companion had another miracle. This one also started last week on Pday. We were on the Renfe to Madrid and we started talking to this girl that was visiting from Guinea Ecquatorial and we ended up teaching her the first lesson and getting her number. On Friday my companion and the other Hermana saw her again and went over the restoration. About an hour later she called them back and she said I told my family about you guys and they want you to come and talk to them. So later that night they visited her whole family in their house The Mom and 5 children all above the age of nine. Her husband passed away 6 months ago. They loved the message that they shared and we are now starting to teach the whole family. We are seeing miracles like this everyday in Spain. I am so greatful to be serving here and for all the blessings I recieve from God everyday. 

Okay, these email is now demasiado largo pero I love you and know that I´m doing great and you don´t have to worry about me here. Keep pressing forward and putting your faith in God. Keep reading the scriptures diligently because they will give you strength, and rely on the Atonement of our saviour Jesus Christ. 

I love you!!!! 

Hasta la semana que viene,
Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment