Monday, March 24, 2014

Small miracles and tender mercies


Dear Mom,

I don´t have much time this week because my companion and I went to get her hair dyed today. She dyed it a nice Strawberry blonde, it looks awesome. I have convinced two of my companions now to dye their hair.... haha 

Anyways, if you haven´t sent the easter package yet, I was thinking it would be really fun If you sent me a recorder and every week I could send you a little recording of me speaking or something? What do you think. Nothing expensive but something that I could hook up somehow to the computer and email. 

This week we have really seen small miracles and tender mercies. It seems like lately we have been running into quite a few people that are not exactly our biggest fans. But the other day as we were walking to the church, we past by this restaurant and this young guy started talking to us in English. He said he lived in England for a while and that is how he learned english, but He is a spaniard and believes in God (Almost all spanish youth are atheists so this is incredible!) Well, he told us that we could come back any time. So the next day we came back and had a lesson their with a recent convert while eating Chocolate with Churros. He then cam up to us and asked us if he could talk to us for a second. Both me and my companion thought for sure he was going to tell us that he didn´t want us having lessons there... BUT he did the exact opposite. He said they wanted more people like us there and that if we ever had a lesson we were free to come there and he would give us a discount. This was such a tender mercy from the lord. 

 Okay more

Yesterday I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on missionary work... And It went super well. I was praying so hard to have the spirit with me so I could really communicate what God wanted me to. I felt the spirit super strong when I was speaking and I completely forget about worrying about the language. I only followed the spirit and all of the words came. Experiences like this make me remember when I was first a missionary. I was SO nervous when I had to give my first talk in sacrament and now I am able to forget about my own nerves and follow the spirit. I feel so blessed to be growing and learning so much. 

Also on my mission I have grown a deep love for muslims. There are quite a few of them here in Alcorcón and I just love them. They are such a good and giving people. Every week my companion and I teach the children´s english class and this week as we were playing duck duck goose one of the muslim mom´s came in and she and her oldest daughter played with us as well. I just felt really happy that we could come together despite our religions. That is was Christ would have us do. 

Okay I´ve got to go but thanks mom!! I love you and I´m praying for all of you. Tell the family hi:)

Hermana fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment