Monday, May 19, 2014

I love my new companion

HI Mom!!!!

So you´re prayers have been answered because I LOVE my new companion. She is the cutest thing. Her name is Hermana Pavez from Argentina (mar del plata y viedma, rio negro) but her family is currently living in the South of Spain in Malaga. She is also 20 years old and she wants to go to BYU after the mission and study journalism. She actually speaks English really well and wants to learn it perfectly so she can study in Utah. So she helps me with my spanish and I help her with her English. She also has diabetes so I´ve learned quite a few things about that, she always has to give herself shots before she eats. She asked me that if there was an emergency would I be able to give her a shot... I haven´t given her the answer to that question yet haha. She also does not know how to cook food... So I´ve been doing all the cooking. All I know is that my companion says it tastes good so I hope she´s right. And yes mom, she is definitely a kindred spirit.  So the new area is super different that anywhere else that I have served. The area is a lot bigger and I´m closer to the center of Madrid. I´m also serving in my first Ward which is really interesting. There are 8 missionaries in our ward 6 elders and 2 sisters (us). This sunday there were also two visitors from utah that came to visit so I had to transalte for them... It was pretty interesting. I think I´d really love to learn how to translate really well. and Yes they do have some stakes here in Spain although I´m not sure how many. (But the north, where I was serving in Gijón is only a district). I´m super excited to get to work here and see what miracles are waiting for us. 

So this week I have been reading in Alma 46-50 about Captain Moroni. I have particularly focused on how Moroni, with the guidance of the spirit, prepares his people and the city to defend themsels against the lamanites. This has made me think of the wonderful verse in Ether 12:27 that says that if we come unto Christ he will show us our weaknesses, but that through him, weak things may be made strong unto us. Our quest to overcome our weakness and become more like Christ never ends. In fact, the more we come unto christ the more weaknesses we realize that we have. But it is through the atonment and merits of Christ that we can overcome our weakness. (Alma 49:14)  Just like Moroni strengthen his people and his city against their enemies, we too can strengthen ourselves, our spirits, our testimonies, and others around us to be able to withstand our temptations and overcome our weaknesses. This spritual strength that we need comes from Jesus Christ and consitently living the things he taught us. and being obedient to his commandments. (because obedience simply means to be more like christ.) I know that through Christ we can overcome our weakness and we can become strong in Him. (Alma 26:12).

We have some really great investigators that I have met. We have Naomi who is a 9 year old girl, Alexia who is 12, Bartolomé who is 75ish, a really sweet family from El Salvador, and a sweet dominican lady named Charo. Naomi is going to a catholic elementary school and they are currently getting ready for the first communion. Her mom is a member and she just barely decided to come back to church. In our last lesson she told us Naomi told us that she had a testimony of the restaration and that she wants to be baptized. She has a baptismal date on May 30! I´ll let you know more about our investigators next week once I get to know everyone a little better:)

Tell everyone Hi and I love them and the mission is AWESOME. I´m super happy and learning a ton. Be member missionaries.
You are all in my prayers:)

Hermana Ariana Fuller






No comments:

Post a Comment