Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am learning so much everyday and their is still so much to learn about this gospel and the will of god in our lives


Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone? Thank you for the letters from Grandma and Mom! This week has been a truly amazing week. I am learning so much everyday and their is still so much to learn about this gospel and the will of god in our lives. I have a strong testimony that I am doing what God wants me to be doing right now.

This week I am very grateful for the little glimpses into the eternities that Heavenly Father gives us. This started last P-day. After we got back from teh Prado (an amazing museum here in Spain) we ate dinner and then had a devotional. After the devotional we have a distrcit discussion. A few people in my distrct have been going through some trials so the Elders gave them blessings. The spirit was so incredible. I am continually amazed by these Elders here. They all work so hard and have the sweetest spirits and testimonies. I love my district. After the blessings we had a heart-to-heart and all bore our testimonies. It is going to be so hard to leave them. On Saturday my companion for the park was Hermana Galvez. As we were walking we saw this lady on a bench and I knew that I really wanted to talk to her. We decided to ask her where the fountain was but after that we kind of blanked and walked away. As we were walking away I just said I really think we need to talk to her. So we turned right around and decided to ask her where the drinking fountain was. It was actually pretty funny. Well, after that we found out that she spoke english (yay!) And that she was here for 6 months for school getting her PHD in financial law. we had a long conversation with her about places we should go and see in spain. She loves Toledo but doesn´t like Barcelona. Anyways, after we talked I asked her if we could leave her with a message before we left and she said of course. I pulled out my book of mormon and started talking to her about God. She said her and her mom are catholic but she has friends that are mormon. She also said she has a Book of Mormon but hasn´t really read much of it. We read Moroni´s promise is 10:4-5 and I testified of how powerful the book and promise are and how much God loves us. she then told us that she has been going through a rough time and she was searching for an answer to a praywer and we were her answer. How powerful is that? I was an answer to a prayer and nothing feels better than that. I have her name and e-mail so I am going to keep in contact with her throughout my mission. Another cool experience happened when we were bearing our testimonies about the park. Two elders from my district, were istting in the front row. As I was bearing my testimony about the plan of salvation I looked at the Elders from my district and I just knew them as my brothers. They looked at me with so much light and love. It was a glimpse at teh eternal family of God. We have been brothers and sisters for a long time. In my testimony I said, I´m here to find the people that I cam here with and make sure they come home with me. I hope to always remember that throughout my life.

This week we started a game called Whos the Native. Everyday someone is the native and they are always supposed to speak spanish. The next day we all vote for who we think the native is. You get points if the people vote for you. We are getting really into it.

Everyone here loves my oils. I am always healing everyones problems with them Now whenver they smell peppermint and lavender they said they are going to think of me.

Well congratulations Kahana on your job, Kenyra on the baby, and Jenny on your baby. I hope and pray that me serving a mission will bless all of your lives and I´m grateful for the blessings I´ve heard about so far.

I would like to end with sharing something Elder Timothy said, ¨"There is a saying: Hold on loose, but never let go. In life this means that one must keep a distance in all things. That one much learn a balance between havning a hold on something, being involved with it, and keeping a distance so that it does not ruin your life. for when we let go we fall, and when we grip too tight we become immovable. this is the reason that we write. It allows us to hold on loose, without letting go. so that we can keep each other from falling."

I love you all and can´t wait to hear more from you.

Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment