Thursday, August 8, 2013

I have had a lot of opportunities this week to bare my testimony

Hola!

Wow this week has flown by. The saying days seem long but weeks fly by is very true in missionary work. Well, how is everyone. I need to apologize if I dont answer everyone´s questions, it is really stressful trying ot email with 30 missionaries around you and a timer counting down every second.

This week has been good although I´m a little frustrated with my spanish. I´m still not understanding as much as I should be and the sentences I form are definately missing words that probably make everything else make sense But I know I´ll get it. If I put in the effort God will make up the rest. It´s amazing how the atonement is apart of everything. Everything literally boils down to the atonment.

What have you guys decided about the house? How is my stuff? I stuck that scrapbook in the guitar case front pocket so make sure the guitar and the rest of my things stay safe! Thank you

I have had a lot of opportunities this week to bare my testimony. Every week after proscelyting at the park we have a testimony meeting. My companion for the park was Hermana Crandall and she is awesome. we even got one referral! We contacted 11 people. It was the best. When we bore our testimonies the spirit was so strong. Right when I started speaking all of the missionaries eyes were on me and they became completely silent. I don´t remember everything I said but I know God helped me to reach the hearts of everyone there. I had been praying to feel the spirit very strongly and God answered my prayers. another time was with my district and after we went around sharing our thoughts. I shared my experience with deciding to go on a mission. We also decided as a district to bare our testimonies on Sunday. When the meeting started I opened my hymbook to Ï´ll go where you want me to go¨I knew immediately I had to share my song. I had already sang my song for my district. (we love singing! we sang for a whole hour as a district during study time... oops) Anyways I literally bore my testimony through song. I sang the first verse in Spanish. I can just see dad cringing as he reads this but I know I can reach peoples hearts through music. Music is really so powerful. One of our teachers, Hermano Larrea, sang Come Thou Fount for us. Because we kept bugging him to sing us a solo. He did not have an amazing voice but he shared with us the sweetest spirit.

This week we got two new elders from the Provo MTC in our district. Can I just say how much I love my district? Everyone talks about how there is so much love for each ohter in our district. Really. We are So close. On sunday we all went around and said each other´s talents. Everyone said the most sincere things about each ohter. some things they said about me were I am always positive and happy, I love everyone, I´m not afraid to be myself, and I am very close with the spirit. I was super humbled by the things they said.

Some funny things that have happened this week, Elder Rassmussen was contacting on the metro on the way to the park. His companion on the metro, instead of saying "Somos nuevo" "we are new" he said "somos nuvios" "we are boyfriends." We all got a pretty good laugh out of that. Also with Elder Rassmussen... he is always messing something up in spanish. Instead of saying "Jesus performed a lot of miracles" he said "jesus performed a lot of Miercoles" which means Wednesdays. Now every wednesdsay is Miracle Wednesday.
Well today we are going to see the REAL Madrid Soccer stadium. I´m very excited. Also i need to thank you, Mom and Grandma, for helping me with my clothes. I get so many compliments. Also thank all of the cousins for the letters I got. I was so excited. And Dear Elder worked! Thank you for your letter, Mom! Getting letters in the mail is the best thing ever!

Could you look up how much the postage is from Spain to Japan so I can send Tim a letter? Did you get his package send? Thank you so much! I love you all! Oh if you´re sending me something maybe cute tshirts for pday and working out. and colored pencils.
I love all of you and Love hearing from home. Grandma and Grandpa fuller want to be added to the email list so make sure to do that.

Love,
Hermana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment