Monday, October 14, 2013

I am currently companion-less

Dear Family and Friends,

I am currently companion-less. My companion, Hermana King, just got transferred to Madrid and left this morning. I was very sad when I found out. We got SO close. The thing about missions is everyone knows it is going to be hard to leave your family and friends back home. What they don´t realize is that it is just as hard to leave the family you make here; companions, districts, members, etc. I am excited to get my new companion though and start the next transfer. 

It has been a crazy week. Our investigator that was on date to be baptized on the 19th is encountering a lot of opposition. She was just diagnosed with anemia (or something of the sort) and is not able to meet with us that much. She has to go to the hospital a lot for testing. Her parents are also discouraging her from rushing into getting baptized. And on top of that, she recently broke up with her boyfriend of two years. So as of now, we are not really sure when it is going to happen. She is very amazing and very prepared. Please remember her in your prayers and I know she will be able to make it through these trials and come out stronger because of them. 

While this has been very difficult and discouraging, we have another AMAZING investigator that is now on date to be baptized on the 31 of this month. I believe I´ve talked about her a little bit. Her name is Isabel and she is an older divorced woman from Spain. We found her door contacting and she is a Golden investigator. Her whole life has been full of charity and service. She is the most giving person - every time we go over there she tries to give us something else haha. It has been very inspiring for me to teach her and be apart of her conversion. On Sunday she came to church and bore her testimony. Her faith and courage is incredible. In one of our lessons she expressed the concern she had about her families reaction to her decision (her son, daughter in law, father, etc) As the conversation went on we realized that she was worried that she was going to have to where a Nametag when she joined the church. You would not believe how relieved she was when we told her only full-time missionaries where the nametag. haha What impressed me is that she was still willing to join the church even if that was what was asked of her. In reality, we all wear nametags. At baptism we all covenant to take upon ourselves the Name of Christ. To always be a witness of Him. While we all physically may not wear nametags, we always need to remember that we are witnesses of Jesus Christ and members of His church. We all have the call to be member missionaries and carry Christ´s name on our heart. 

I would like to thank you all for keeping me in your prayers and supporting me on my mission. Please take care of the missionaries currently serving in your ward and area. I am very blessed by the amazing ward members here that support me and help me in learning (especially with Spanish). Praying for the missionaries is amazing. The missionaries need your prayers and your faith. But Prayer and Faith alone is not enough. Faith without works is dead. The missionaries need your action. Elderes and Hermanas are not born perfect missionaries. They need the support of the members around them in order for them to become tools in the Lord´s hands and work miracles. Support them. Be there for them. Teach with them. And as always, Continue to Pray for them. I know if you do that for the missionaries in your area, I will be taken care of by members here as well. 

And if you want to see miracles in your life, here is a little something I learned from studying my conference notes:

Recipe for Miracles

Desire - Prayer - Faith - Action - Miracle :) (Repeat) 

¡Os Quiero!

Hermana Ariana Fuller

PS. Me and the two other sisters I´m with (while I´m waiting for my companion) JUST FOUND THE BEST THRIFT STORE!!! I´ve never been more happy. And I think I´ve converted them to second hand shopping. 





No comments:

Post a Comment