Monday, October 28, 2013

Tengo 20 años ahora

¡Hola!

¡¡Tengo 20 años ahora!! Wow. Thank you Mom and Grandma for the birthday packages. My companion and the other hermanas have been dying for me to open them for a couple weeks now, but I waited until my birthday. During Medio Día all of the missionaries and a man from the ward named Carmelo, went to lunch. Then that night I had a mini fiesta with my companion where we opened my packages and had a brazilian dessert called, Palia Italiano. Mmm. Both my companion and I are really excited about all the things that you sent. I have a bunch of pictures I´ll try to send a little later.

Anyways, this week has been good. We had a District (or Stake) Conference in León yesterday. All of the meetings were centered on La Obra Misional, which was very exciting seeing as I´m a missionary. This is a very exciting time to be a missionary. We also have a Zone Conference (missionaries) tomorrow, So a lot of big meetings and groups of missionaries.

This week we have been working really hard to find new investigators and people to teach. It is so critical to have and follow the spirit. Without the spirit you are left to your own defenses. Literally you against the world. But when you have the spirit you have the power, authority, and guidance of heaven. When you follow the spirit you use your gift of the holy ghost. Your words and actions become more meaningful and powerful. You become useful to the Lord and His work. You become like Christ. It is amazing to feel the spirit working through you to touch the hearts of others. From following the spirit, this week my companion and I have seen miracles in finding new people to teach. I am exciting to see how things go.

One other thing I have felt this week is that God is Totally and Completely aware of us and our needs and our wants. It is easy to get caught up in worry - worrying about money, time, people, etc. When this happens all we need to remember is that God knows. God knows what we need, better than we even do. God knows what we want, and yes he cares about that too. All He asks us to do is our best. He tells us to do our part and then He´ll take care of the rest. I have seen this happen time and time again in my life and especially on the mission. Whenever I start getting worried about something God provides me with whatever I need. Maybe this is His way of telling me to quit worrying and just work hard? Whatever it is, I feel very humbled by the help I receive and the Love I feel from God. I pray that you all can feel that too and always remember that God is aware of you. Do your part and everything you need with come to you when you need it.

I love you all and I pray for you everyday. Thank you for giving me to support and strength to work harder everyday.

Hasta Luego,
Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment