Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Best Experience

Dear Home,

Everytime I sit down at the computer to write this letter I have so
many things I want to share and so little time to share them.

I want to start out with the best experience I have had so far with
one of our very new investigators, Carolina. She is 23 and from
Ecuador. We found her street contacting the other day and she ended up
being a friend of another recent convert in the ward (this is why we
need to be member missionaries!!!) The first lesson we had with her
the spirit was so strong we were all in tears. We saw her on the
street the next day carrying her Book of Mormon and then she told us
she could meet with us everyday if we wanted.... talk about Dream
Investigator. The second lesson....I had the opportunity to committ
her to baptism! She is going to be baptised the 19th of October. She
is the epitomy of a "Preach My Gospel" investigator. She is so
prepared and really in need of this gospel in her life right now. I am
so excited for her and I love her to death. We have only had three
lessons with her so far and it already feels like she is a member of
the rama. In our lesson last night we taught The Gospel of Jesus
Christ and we all ended in tears again. Even though teaching in
spanish is still very hard I am still blessed to be able to contribute
with the help of the spirit. I am praying God will lead us to more
"Carolina´s." I know they are out there. They are all over the world.
People to prepared to hear this glorious message and we all need to
have "Missionary eyes, ears, and hearts." This week I have learned a
lot about how important the members are in missionary work. We Cannot
Do This Work Without You! We need your help finding. We need your help
teaching. We are in this together. Missionary work changes when the
members and full time missionaries become united in purpose.I
challenge you all to be member missionaries. Invite the missionaries
into your home to teach your neighbors and friends. Apply Alma 6:5 (or
6:6 I can´t remember exactly) to your lives. I know as we share this
message to others it only becomes more important to us and we are
blessed more than we can even comprehend.

Another cool experience I had this week was with our 9 year old
investigator, Estefanía. She is the younger sister of a recent
convert, Katy. Their mom in inactive and father not a member.
Estefanía wants to get baptised but her dad won´t let her until a year
and a half when she turns 10 and a half. However, we still continue to
teach her almost everyweek. This week we talked about profets and how
General Conference coming up. When she heard about General Conference
she got more excited than I´ve ever seen anyone get over General
Conference. She was smiling from ear to ear and couldn´t stop. It was
the cutest thing I´ve ever seen. It was also so humbling for me. We
somtimes take for granted the fact that twice a year we get to hear
from prophets and apostoles of God. It was humbling to see how what I
have taken that for granted all these years, meant the world to a 9
year old girl in Spain. I hope everyone will really contemplate this
conference coming up how blessed we are to get this opportunity. How
blessed we are to hear from the Prophet.


Some cool things we got to do this week: We went contacting in two
different towns outside of Gijón, Via Visiosa and La Camocha. La
Camocha is so beautiful - exactly what you imagine when you think
about the Spanish countryside. We didn´t really have any success but
one man gave us some red corn and another lady gave us this huge bag
of hazlenuts so that was pretty awesome.

One thing I love about Spain: Spiderman. You may be thinking...
"Spiderman????" First of all, I LOVE Spiderman. Second of all,
Spiderman is literally The superhero of Spain. Like the Only superhero
in Spain. Lucky for me :)

One thing I´m working on: My RR´s. I practice every where I go by
repeating, "Para ra, para ra, para ra." Í am making a little progress!
haha Also a lady from the rama let me borrow some Children´s books to
help me learn spanish :)

My funny story this week.... so we have this Parrot. Okay, we don´t
have it but one of our neighbors does. Everymorning during our
personal and comanionship studies we hear "Squuaaaack Squaaaack." ....
"Squuuuaaack".... "Squack Squack Squack Squack" Then an old lady
shouts "¡Caya Loro!" Every. Single. Morning. haha

Until next week! Thank you all so much for all you do.

Amor,
Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment