Monday, September 23, 2013

AMAZING

Hola Everyone!
 
Mom! Thank you for the package! It was the best!! (: I´ll will try to reply to the letters next P-day!! Seriously everything in it was so great. And my companion is very thankful for the chapstick! I love yoU!
 
Sorry I have almost no time this week. We had a barbeque with members of the rama and we got back late. It was super fun though. I hung out with one of our investigators, Estefanía, who is 9 years old. She is the cutest and she helped me a lot with my spanish. Children are very patient and willing to help you. Well, it has been a rough week but everything is still great. We are really struggling to get any of our investigators to follow through with their appointments. On some days we have 4 or 5 lessons planned and they all fall through. It can be really frustrating but in this work you don´t have time to be what I call Selfishly-Discouraged. You just have to move on and keep working harder than you were before.
 
Although many of our lessons fell through we did have 3 investigators at church which is AMAZING. They were the first ones we´ve had since I´ve been here. One of them we just taught the first lesson the day before, her name is Isabel. We met her when we were door contacting in an apartment building. She told us to come back the following friday at noon. On Saturday after another one of our appointments fell through we decided to go see if another man in her same apartment building was home. After he didn´t answer we both felt like we should go try her door. She was home and let us in and we taught her the first lesson. The spirit was super strong and she really opened up to us about her life. She is an Española and Catolica so it was very surprising she was so nice and willing to listen to us. At the end of the lesson she told us she had really grown to love and care about us the 40 minutes we were there. She is seriously one of the most selflish and amazing people I´ve ever met. We are meeting with her again tomorrow so I hope everything continues to go well.
 
Funny story, every Tuesday we go and eat at Carmelo and Vicky´s house. Carmelo is a member of the branch presidency and they are fantastic cooks. Well, first they served us this delicious lentil soup. We all got very full from that (side note: When a Spaniard asks you if you want more, they are not really asking you, they are telling you. And you HAVE to take more.) Little did we know... that was only the first course. Next was Lasagna. When I found out there was more I couldn´t decide between laughing or crying because I was already so full, but eat is what I ended up doing. After the lasagna... dessert, of course. It was this delicious cheescake with toffee sauce. After I had finished that and was about to explode Carmelo saw that my plate was empty and asked me "¿Quiere mas?" I usually try to politely say no gracias and watch as they serve me more anyways, but this time I looked at my plate and thought "When is Spain..." then I replied "¡Si!" To which everyone at the table started cheering. haha If I gain wait I´m blaming it all on them. haha
 
A little bit more about the missionary life here. In Spain we wake up at 7:30 rather than 6:30, have medio día from 2:30-4:30, then go to bed at 11:30. Instead of having a separate hour for dinner and lunch we just have the two during the middle of the day for medio día. I rather like it. Seriously, If the Spaniards got one thing right, it was medio día.
 
Welp, I´m out of time. Everything is going great and Spanish is "poco a poco."
Sending you all my love,

Hermana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment