Monday, September 9, 2013

I AM FINALLY IN THE FIELD


Dear Family and Friends,

I AM FINALLY IN THE FIELD. AND I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH. I am on the coast of Northern Spain in a beautiful city called Gijón. God seriously loves me so much because this is the perfect place for me. I was secretly praying to be sent north. I wanted to come here so badly. As President Jackson was assigning our areas I knew he was going to call my name before he even said it.

 It is very green and is always cloudy or rainy. My companion is Hermana King. She is from Lindon Utah and is 20 years old and went to BYU. She is a great missionary and fluent in the language. She did that program where she took spanish throughout elementary school. I on the other hand am really struggling with spanish. One exciting thing that has happened this week is WE HAD A BAPTISM ON SUNDAY. The baptism was a guy named Felipe who is in the Army. My companion has been teaching him ever since she began her mission. A couple months ago he decided to go on a trip to Utah to practice his english. There he met up with my companions family and spent time with them, going to church and everything. The first time we were meeting with him since he got back was Saturday night. As we were meeting with him, one thing led to another and through the spirit we knew he needed to be baptized soon. We originally challenged him to be baptized on the 14th of this month, but after talking more we decided he needed to be baptized the next sunday morning. Because he needed to be confirmed during sacrament meeting the baptism was held Sunday morming at 9:00 am and the confirmation in sacrament meetin gat 10:30. What an incredible experience I was blessed with just my first week here. 

The branch we have here is very small but very close. There are two elders and 4 hermanas including me and my companion. I love them all. The elders are Elder de Avill from Columbia, Elder Castaldi from Italy, Hermana Diezi from Switzerland, and Hermana Grover from Florida. 

On sunday all of the new missionaries to the branch had to bear our testimonies. I was SO NERVOUS. My spanish is the worst out of everybodys. Even though I couldn´t say much in spanish I felt the spirit so strong as I was bearing my testimony and I knew the members there felt it too. 

I have also gained a strong testimony of fasting since I have been on my mission. I have fasted 4 times in only 7 weeks. The last time was this sunday. I´ve been praying for a testimony of fasting because I never have really gained one. This Sunday I received that testimony so strongly. Not only did we have a baptism but the whole day I was filled with the spirit. I know that if we forget ourselves and give ourselves to God through fasting, we will be filled with His love. It is a very beautiful experience. 

I have loved all of the experiences on my mission so far. God has strengthened me and blessed me so much. I know He hears my prayers because He answers every single one of them. 

Okay now about addresses. My new address is 

Hermana Ariana Fuller
avda. la costa 25, 10ºB
33208 Gijón, Asturias
España

If you sent anything to the mission home I won´t be getting it for a while, sadly. But I apreciate everything you send and write. I love you all and I hope you can feel the love I have for you from miles away. 

Amor,
Hermana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment