Monday, September 23, 2013

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY


Hello Everyone!
Every week I probably say this, But I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I am loving every second that God is giving me to be here in Spain serving others around me. This week hasn´t been the most succesful but it still has been great. I am finally understanding why missionaries say appointments fall through... alot. Because, well, They do. One day this week we had four lessons planned in a row and one righ after the other cancelled. We ending up contacting for about 4 hours. I was okay with that because I love contacting. I´m horrible at Spanish but I don´t have any problem saying "Disculpe, Somos Misioneras!" haha (This creepy guy is sitting next to us at a computer and he keeps smiling at us....haha) Anyways, This week again I want to testify of how much God loves us and that He truly hears and listens to all of our prayers. Not only this, but he also listens to the desires of our hearts and the words we speak. This week during planning we were talking about one of our investigators that is not progressing. She has a difficult sittuation, and her 10 year old son has recently passed away. Usually if an investigator is not progressing you need to drop them. As we were talking about her we both felt like we needed to keep seeing her and just help her in whatever way we could. On our way to her piso she called us and said she couldn´t meet. This is about the third time she had done that this week. A little frusterated I said outloud, "Why did you want us to keep meeting with her, Heavenly Father? Why?" Not kidding, less than 5 minutes later we got another call from her saying we could come over them. After she hung up my hand went up to my mouth and I shockingly said, "He heard me!" I don´t know why that was such a big deal to me but it truly testified to me that God really hears us and takes care of us. He takes care of His missionaries. He takes care of His Saints. He takes care of His Children. We are so blessed to have such a loving and merciful God.
As far as my companion, We are finally getting the hang of working together as a companionship and I can feel success in the distance.Each day I try to work a little harder and be a little better. I don´t let myself get discouraged anymore because there is no time for that. There is no time for feeling sorry for myself. This work is not about me, it´s about my eternal family. I love the people here and I´m doing all I can to communicate with them better and to bless their lives. Thank you for all your prayers. I can feel God strengthening me.
Siempre,
Hermana Ariana Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment