Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baptism

July 14, 2014

Dear mom:)

Wow I love hearing all about Hawaii and seeing the pictures. Aren´t we so blessed to be able to do things like that and celebrate being a family? I can´t wait to be with you all again:) But for now, I´m finding a pretty amazing "family" here as well. 

Bartolomé se bautizó!!!!!:) It was a lovely baptism and I really felt the spirit a lot. He was also confirmed a member of the church yesterday and recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. He recieved some very beautiful blessings about the temple which made me really happy and excited for him.

This week I had my first intercambio as a sister training leader. I love working with the hermanas. They have so much love, faith, and desire to be here serving the Lord. Their testimonies are so strong and pure. I went on an intercambio with Hermana Clements who is in her second transfer here on the mission. I met her at the beginning of her first transfer and to see how much she has grown and improved as a missionary in just one transfer really amazed me. God really does bless, guide, and lift His servants. 

This week God has really been incredible to us. We are seeing so many little miracles and so much progress with everyone we are working with. Sandra - is the brasilanian (is that how you say it) that we are teaching english to. We teach her using the book of mormon and the pamphlets of the church. We also bring other members from the ward that know a little bit of english. We also do volunteer work with her on monday evenings. We have really gained a great relationship with her. This week we have really started seeing the spirit working with her. She told us that she was praying the other night and she felt that she needed to start dressing more modestly. She also told us that she felt the impression to stop drinking coffee in the mornings because it wasn´t good for her health. We have not talked about anything of these things with her and so it´s amazing to see how she is listening to and following these spiritual impressions. It was her birthday this past week so we threw her a birthday party in the church and invited the other misisonaries, ward members, and investigators. It was really great to have everyone there having a good time. 

Last P-day we were stopped by this girl while getting off of the bus and she wanted to know what church we were from. She has investigated a lot of churches but she´s never heard of ours. We ended up have a lesson with her right there and taking down her number. We had a couple of lessons with her this week and she also came to the birthday party. During the secong lesson we had she told us that she has felt so happy and at peace since she had last met with us. She is very prepared to recieve the gospel and we´re very excited to see her progression in the gospel. 

This past transfer and a half my testimony of God´s love and been greatly strengthened. I feel and see His love for us everyday. I feel that as a missionary I am more able to see how He shows me His love. In an email I wrote to a friend I said "This work is surely amazing, and it continues to change me every day. Yesterday as I was sitting in sacrament meeting I had the thought that As a missionary, the gospel of Jesus Christ literally influences every step I take. I am constantly thinking about Jesus Christ and how I can be more like Him, and help other people to know what he means to them. It really has given my life a whole new meaning, and given me a whole new outlook on life itself. I feel very blessed and happy." I hope to be able to continue having this constant influece of Jesus Christ for the rest on my life. 

I love you :)
Hermana Fuller 















No comments:

Post a Comment